Bread To Get You Through
This candida bread recipe will get you through those moments on therapeutic diets where you think you just can’t last another five minutes. It has a dense consistency, but slices more like a wheat bread than any substitute bread recipe I’ve tried. It freezes well (so quadruple your batch) and toasts beautifully!
Top it with coconut oil, stevia and cinnamon for “Cinnamon Toast.” Grill slices in a skillet with coconut oil or beef tallow, add tuna mashed with cashew yogurt for a “Tuna Melt.” Toast it and top with salted avocado for “Avocado Toast.” All those ideas are Phase One Candida Diet friendly!
I believe in real bread and I believe grain is a beneficial food God gave us. I also know that there are seasons in life where food needs to be dialed back to allow our bodies a gain a new measure of wellness. Don’t let that bog you down. Your gut can get better if you give it the support and rest it needs!
Until then, Candida Bread to the rescue!
- low carbohydrate
- gluten free
- grain free
- fiber full
- protein rich
Candida Bread Recipe
- one half cup coconut flour
- one half cup ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Real Salt
- 5 eggs, stirred
- one scant cup of water (really, eyeball this to form a dough where the ingredients hold together)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- preheat over to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- grease a loaf pan or muffin tin really well with coconut oil spray or coconut oil
- whisk dry ingredients together in a small mixing bowl
- whisk wet ingredients together in a larger mixing bowl
- which the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until there are no clumps
- batter will be thick, but if it looks too gloppy you may add water one tablespoon at a time
- pour batter into your loaf pan
- bake about 30-40minutes for a loaf, and about 20-25 minutes if you’re using a muffin tin
- bake until a toothpick comes out clean then remove from oven
- cool ten minutes in pan, then plop loaf onto a rack to completely cool
Voila! Candida Bread!
“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”