As a GAPS Practitioner, simple recipes are a must for the people I help. This recipe for Gluten Free Snickerdoodles is so easy a child could make it!
I was in search of a cookie recipe to satisfy a sweet tooth and yet remain true to the GAPS nutrition protocol when I decided to create a mish-mash of several cookie recipes I found online. Not only do these Snickerdoodles work on the GAPS nutrition protocol, they are also Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Paleo, SCD and Weston A. Price compliant. What a win for those on therapeutic diet plans!
They are perfectly cinnamon-y and creamy in the middle. Not too sweet…with crispy edges.
Here’s how I made these fabulous Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies.
For the Cookie Dough
- 2 cups almond flour, preferably organic or at least non-GMO
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (do not substitute baking powder!)
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (for gentle protein and gut support)(if you buy using my link, use WELLMADE10 for a discount)
- 1/3 cup melted fat of choice (coconut oil, MCT Oil (buy using WELLMADE10 for discount), butter, ghee, or duck fat)
- 1/4 cup date syrup or organic honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (alcohol free, may omit)
For the Cinnamon Dust
- 1 tablespoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons date sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry cookie dough ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the melted fat, honey and vanilla.
- Stir thoroughly and set aside the ten minutes. This allows the flour to soak up the moisture and hold together better since there are no eggs to act as a binder.
- Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon and date sugar in a small bowl. Use a sift, whisk or fork to break up any date sugar clumps.
- Take 1/8 cup portions of cookie dough and use your palms to roll into a smooth ball. Drop the ball in the cinnamon dust and roll around to evenly coat.
- Place dough ball onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cookies won’t spread or flatten much, but they’ll have the telltale snickerdoodle cracks we all know and love!
The ingredients are heavily adapted from Paleo Grub, Betty Crocker and my own cookie intuition!
I enjoy these gluten free snickerdoodles with a cup of my mold-free, antioxidant-rich, Purity Coffee. Have you ever tried Purity Coffee? You won’t believe how good it tastes! You can grab some here and use Promo Code WELLMADE20.
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
The posts on my website may contain affiliate links to various products. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Well Made Wellness.